Swan's Running Club - "Going the extra mile"
To encourage members to improve their health and fitness and reach their full potential by running or walking and maintaining healthy lifestyles.
- To develop training programs designed to meet the needs of members of all levels.
- To support members by providing advice and information to assist in their development.
- To provide members with the opportunity to compete in local and international races.
- To bring members together through social events.
- To organize first class road running events on the BTFA running calendar.
- To assist with the development of Road Running in Bermuda
Swan’s Running Club was formed in the summer of 1982 by a small group of Bermudian road runners who felt strongly that Bermudians, needed to have a club that represented their interests and encouraged their development. The first Club President was Raymond Swan, Bermuda’s best marathon runner, for whom the club was named. Beldwin Smith was appointed Vice President, Cecilia Swan was Secretary and Olney Bean was Treasurer. Other founding members were Rochelle DeRoza, George Jones, June Durham, Phillip Albouy and many others.
The Club expanded in recent years to include Fitness Walkers
The club is affiliated with the Bermuda Track & Field Association and is administered by an Executive Committee elected for a one year term.
The Club’s 2015/2016 Executive is as follows:
- President - Anbdre Rochester
- Vice President - Yannis Williams
- Treasurer - Tene Grant
- Asst. Treasurer - Marla Smith
- Secretary - Kim Burgess
- Asst. Secretary - Christine Joell
- Public Relations -Keith Smith and Terry Dates
The Club's official training sessions are held on Tuesday and Thursday of each week at Island Trading Parking at 6pm. On Tuesdays during the months of June to September only members meet at Horseshoe Bay car park at 6:30pm.
A monthly meeting of members takes place the last Wednesday of each month at the former Youth and Sports Boardroom at 81 Court Street, Hamilton at 7pm.
Membership is open to all members of the public. The Club’s fiscal year runs from 1st September to 31st August each year.
For further information please contact Andre' Rochester at 441-505-8365 or via the e-mail address